What could be more beautiful than dragonfly?
Hello my dear Artists! I am sure that many of you as I am are fascinated by the beauty of dragonflies with their delicate lacy wings and the metallic colors that are illuminated by the sunlight.
As a mixed media artist I couldn’t resist creating and sharing a version of my special muse, using simple but versatile mixed media methods!
In my work, I strive to incorporate nature that surrounds me as a form of inspiration and personal growth.
ABOUT THIS COURSE
Learn inspiring, relaxing mixed media methods, how to focus on the details and, achieve spectacular results while enjoying the process.
We will create two paintings.
The first artwork will be abstract, where we will learn different techniques combining all the necessary elements, including patterns and the materials.
This first step is necessary to help you feel confident and to equip yourself with my special techniques in order to achieve amazing results for the final dragonfly project.
HERE IS WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
• How to prepare the watercolor paper.
• How to copy an image of a dragonfly and how to create a composition with it.
• We will learn approaches to working with watercolors: transparency levels, water control, gradients, and paint saturation, as well as understanding the weight and precision needed to start using the brush with greater control to achieve fine details.
• How to use gold leaf to create special effects.
• How to add depth and shadows.
• How to create a colorful frame and how to mount your finished art work and much more!
Learn how to free up your mind and to experiment and surprise yourself with the infinite creative possibilities that this course offers!
• KOI watercolour, set of 24
• MUNGYO Professional Watercolor Set OF 12
• Sakura Gelly Roll Gel Pens - Bright White – 0.5/0.8/1.0mm
• Canson XL Series Watercolor Pads
• PEBEO Gedeo Gilding Art Paint Paste or Mona Lisa Metal Leaf Adhesive or similar
• 100 Sheets Imitation Gold
• Masking tape
• Double sided white foam tape
• Calligraphy nibs
• Tracing paper
Who is it for?
To anyone passionate about nature who is looking to disconnect from their day to day, learn new creative techniques, or deepen their knowledge of mixed media and watercolors.
No prior knowledge is required to complete this course.
In-depth Instruction; over 3h 15m
On-demand video access anytime
Bonus downloadable PDF resources
Access to class Q&A
Frequently Asked Questions
My paintings is the creation of opposites in a variety of rhythms and textures.
I combine different materials in order to overcome the challenge of achieving harmony and unity in my work. Some of my paintings are highly textured and have imbedded objects.
I explore this fine line of ambiguity between pure abstraction and implied realism through the process of layering color and organic texture. My objective is to evoke a sensation or memory in the viewer, of a place remembered or imagined, without literal reference to landscape.