WELCOME TO "THE SECRETS OF LOTUS" COURSE!
"The lotus comes from the murkiest water but grows into the purest thing."
Nita Ambani, an Indian philanthropist.
ABOUT THIS COURSE
What associations do you have when you picture the lotus flower? The associations that come to my mind are peace, harmony, wisdom, balance and enlightenment. This is not surprising because the Lotus is a very special flower and there are many teachings and various spiritual practices associated with it. No wonder it was always a huge inspiration to me!
My new course is a wonderful opportunity to experience all these beautiful states of peace and harmony, and, of course to learn new things.
To keep things simple and straightforward, I've broken this course into several parts and exercises. Each exercise will be dedicated to each individual technique and at the end of the practice you will have an additional bonus artworks and will be fully prepared for our delicious final project.
Let’s bring more magic to your art and unlock together the secrets of sacred Lotus flower!
There are a lot of different approaches and techniques in this course, here is what you will learn:
• How to add depth and shadows.
• How to gain control, firm hand, precision and confidence creating 3D lines
• How to create smooth gradients and gain more confidence with brush, water and paints.
• How to prevent watercolour paper from buckling.
• How to use gold leaf to create special effects.
• How to paint on Gold leaf.
• How to to loosen up creatively
• How to gain more confidence and control
• How to explore your paints. (interaction of colors, gradients, bleeding)
• How to warm up creatively
• How to beat the fear of blank paper
• How to create a colorful frame.
• How to let go the perfectionist in you.
• How to achieve intricate results with very simple yet effective approaches
• How to trace and copy and image
• How to create dramatic background
• How to create colorful metallic effect
• How to to learn and test variety of materials, to learn their properties
• And more!
I’m a big supporter of using what you have on hand. And although there is a supply list, please feel free to substitute. Semi–Abstract can be created with whatever supplies you have on hand. A must have? Water based colors (I use watercolors for the most part).
My paintings in this course are created on watercolor paper with mostly watercolors, although if you wish, you could use canvas as a substrate. In this case I recommend using acrylic colors and to apply white gesso on your canvas before painting.
LIST OF SUPPLIES:
• Watercolors SENNELIER set of 12 or MUNGYO Professional Watercolor Set OF 12 or any other brand of watercolors or any other water based colors (acrylic, acrylic inks, gouache, tempera)
• PEBEO Gedeo Gilding Art Paint Paste or Mona Lisa Metal Leaf Adhesive or similar
• 100 Sheets Imitation Gold or you could use Gold/Bronze metal Acrylic
• Masking tape
• Tracing paper or baking paper
• Squeezable tip bottle
• Iridescent Bronze by Golden or similar
• Iridescent Silver by Golden or similar
• White Golden acrylic
• 100% cotton Arches watercolor paper, 300 gr. Rough texture or similar
• Pebeo Relief Outliners: Gold, Black, Copper, Pale Gold, Silver (all optional)
• Regular pencils
• In-depth Instruction; over 4h 30m
• On-demand video access anytime
• Bonus downloadable PDF resources
• Access to class Q&A
• Reference Photos
WHO IS IT FOR?
• To anyone passionate about nature, flowers and especially is inspired by divine Lotus Flowers, who is looking to disconnect from their day to day, learn new creative techniques, or deepen their knowledge of mixed media and watercolors.
• No prior knowledge is required to complete this course.
PreviewList of Supplies
Start1. Materials overview. Exploring your paints (12:58)
Start2. Watercolour paper preparation (3:55)
Start3. Exercise. Fields of Flowers (12:52)
Start4. Creating Colorful Base (8:15)
Start5. Drawing with 3D Lines (7:34)
Start6. Exercise. Build an Eye Candy Effect with 3D Lines (24:02)
Start7. Exercise. Creating Intuitively (43:02)
Start8. Exercise. Lotus Leaves (41:24)
Start9. Exercise. Golden Lotus (50:09)
Start10. Final Project (64:30)
My paintings is the creation of opposites in a variety of rhythms and textures.
I combine different materials in order to overcome the challenge of achieving harmony and unity in my work. Some of my paintings are highly textured and have imbedded objects.
I explore this fine line of ambiguity between pure abstraction and implied realism through the process of layering color and organic texture. My objective is to evoke a sensation or memory in the viewer, of a place remembered or imagined, without literal reference to landscape.