How to create texture with crackles for your mixed media painting
Everything you need to know about working with crackled paste.Watch Promo
This free course will show you how to create an exciting and beautiful textures using crackled paste by "Golden". Crackles will make any artwork unique and deep.
I will also explain:
1. How to build a composition with crackle paste
2. How to apply colours emphasising the cracks
3. How to achieve bright colors and wet look
4. How to seal your cracks on canvas
5. Material overview.
THIS IS WHAT MY TALENTED STUDENTS CREATE WITH CRACKLE TECHNIQUE:
1. Liquitex Light Modeling Paste 16-Oz, 16 oz
2. 5 Pieces Versatile Palette Knives
3. 8 Oz Crackle Paste
4. Sargent Art 8-Ounce Watercolor Magic Set
5. Liquitex BASICS 48 Tube Acrylic Paint Set
6. AMERICANA DAZZLING METALLICS FAN FAVORITES SAMPLER SET
7. Sargent Art Liquid Metals 4 oz Metallic Acrylic Paints, 6 Colors
8. Daler - Rowney FW Ink Pearlescent Effect (Set of 6)
9. Mont Marte Art Paint Brushes Set
DECORATING AND VARNISHING:
10. Pearl EX Assorted Pigment Powder Set
11. Flatback Rhinestones Round Beads Gem Pearls
12. Liquitex Professional Gloss Varnish, 8-oz
13. Liquitex Matte Varnish
My paintings is the creation of opposites in a variety of rhythms and textures.
I combine different materials in order to overcome the challenge of achieving harmony and unity in my work. Some of my paintings are highly textured and have imbedded objects.
I explore this fine line of ambiguity between pure abstraction and implied realism through the process of layering color and organic texture. My objective is to evoke a sensation or memory in the viewer, of a place remembered or imagined, without literal reference to landscape.