WELCOME TO "MAGIC MUSHROOMS" COURSE!
"The world depends on fungi, because they are major players in the cycling of materials and energy around the world."
E. O. Wilson.
ABOUT THIS COURSE
Without exaggeration, I can say that the techniques described in this course are my absolute favorites, born as a result of countless trials and errors. I am thrilled to now save you time in searching and experimenting by sharing my essential tools and methods that allow me to create incredible three-dimensional artworks. Not only do I enjoy working with paints and brushstrokes, but I also get to be a sculptor, a designer, a decorator—basically, a creator in the broadest sense. And I will demonstrate all of this to you in the Magic Mushrooms course.
When you fall in love with this world, with all its flaws, an incredible sense of self-sufficiency and inner harmony arises because in that moment, you realize that you are already fantastically rich. You have everything to rejoice and celebrate life to the fullest!
AND HERE IS WHAT WE WILL LEARN:
• How to build an unusual and rich background texture
• Finally, wooohooo! How to create insane color effects using unconventional multicolored acrylics
• How to sculpt simple objects and attach them to the canvas
• How to create focal points using fluorescent accents
• How to find inspiration in nature and reflect it in mixed media technique
I’m a big supporter of using what you have on hand. And although there is a supply list, please feel free to substitute. A must have? Light modeling paste listed in list of materials.
LIST OF SUPPLIES:
• Golden Light Molding Paste or Liquitex Light Modeling Paste
• Gallery Wrapped Stretched Canvases for Painting 10x10 Inch, 3-Pack
In this course I use various types of acrylic paints, but you can also use any water-based paints such as tempera, gouache, inks, or even watercolors.
Furthermore, I encourage you to explore working with interference and iridescent acrylic paints. However, if you don't have them on hand or if delivery takes time and you're eager to experiment, you can use any metallic paints or pigments. The effect will be similar.
Here are the paints I used in the course. Remember, you are not obligated to work with the exact same materials or same brands. Use whatever you have on hand at the moment!
• Golden Quinacridone Nickel Azo Gold Acrylic Paint
• Golden Iridescent Bright Gold (Fine) Acrylic Paint
• Golden Dioxazine Purple Acrylic Paint
• Golden Fluorescent Orange-Yellow Acrylic Paint
• Amsterdam 566 Prussian Blue Acrylic Paint
• Golden Interference Acrylic Paint: Green, Blue, Red, Violet, Turquoise
Collection of Golden Acrylics Fluid Interference Acrylics, Set 8 Colors
• Liquitex Professional Gloss Varnish, 8-oz
• Imitation Gold Leaf Sheets 100 Pcs
• Assorted Brushes, set of 12
• In-depth Instruction; 2h 40m
• On-demand video access anytime
• Access to class Q&A
• Reference Photos
WHO THIS COURSE IS FOR?
• For anyone who, like me, is inspired by nature and seeks artistic and unconventional tools and techniques to fully express their admiration for our unique world.
• Who is looking to disconnect from their day to day, learn new creative techniques, or deepen their knowledge of Mixed Media.
• No prior knowledge is required to complete this course.
My paintings is the creation of opposites in a variety of rhythms and textures.
I combine different materials in order to overcome the challenge of achieving harmony and unity in my work. Some of my paintings are highly textured and have imbedded objects.
I explore this fine line of ambiguity between pure abstraction and implied realism through the process of layering color and organic texture. My objective is to evoke a sensation or memory in the viewer, of a place remembered or imagined, without literal reference to landscape.
StartPreparing Sculpting Mixture (11:05)
StartMushroom Sculpting (17:20)
StartCreating Textured Background (18:13)
StartMushroom Planting (19:33)
StartApplying the Base Colour (7:36)
StartWorking with Interference Acrylics (21:14)
StartCreating "Pearl" Effect (8:14)
StartAdding Magic Glow to Caps (13:46)
StartPainting the Background (25:01)
StartAdding Earthy Colours (15:14)
StartAdding Final Touches and Sealing Your Work (10:20)
StartWow! What a Journey! (6:57)